[pptp-server] Compiled and logging in - but can't find any network nodes... =(

Dread Boy dreadboy at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 7 23:00:00 CST 2001

OK, thx to some fresh 2.2.17 kernel source, I'm off and running with the
whole MS-CHAP login thing on my server now.  Every logon goes off without a
hitch.

I've made SaMBa the main WINS server assigned by DHCPD on the Linux box,
etc. - the way it's always been, anyway.

I edited /etc/pptpd.conf with the line:

    ms-wins 192.168.0.2

I've changed the samba resolve order to wins, lmhosts, blah, blah, blah...
I've even added corresponding entries to /etc/lmhosts for a few machines on
my network.

The Linux server controls every function my old NT server used to on the
network, why can't it see even the name of it, let alone the other nodes?

When I log in, my IP address is an acceptable number falling into the
192.168.x.x subnet.  Is it maybe because my remoteip and my localip range
are both in the 192.168.x.x subnet?  Could this be it?

What is it I'm doing wrong?

I know you guys can spit the answer out way faster than I could ever sort my
way through vague documentation.

Thx.  Dreadly.  =)