[pptp-server] keep alive

Michael Hayes mickh at kincrome.com.au
Tue Jul 10 02:51:51 CDT 2001

Hi,

I have been doing some testing with a win2k client behind a nokia
m1122 adsl router/modem in .nz connecting back to my main site in .au
It works really well with 128bit encryption etc, 'greets to all poptop
developers', but I have one slight problem I can't seem to nail.  I
get fairly frequent drops of connection, these I have put down to the
keep alive packets not properley transversing the nat table in my
router.  Is there any docs about which protocols / ports that these
run on, are they encapsulated within the gre packets etc etc.  Im
fairly new to pptp et al so any specification docs would be great.  I
have played with forwarding all gre packets hitting the router to the
host machine but still no luck.

Thanks in advance.

mick