[pptp-server] poptop.lineo.com - Anyone updating this so to eliminate these com mon general problems.

George Vieira GeorgeV at citadelcomputer.com.au
Thu Jul 19 19:15:16 CDT 2001

Aren't we getting too many of these same questions (no offense to those
asking them)..

Common problems caused by the site config examples I find:

1.  localip 192.168.0.1-10        # Hell is 10 IPs really needed? save the
noobies to confusion..
2.  Mention that to get it working 100%, localip and remoteip MUST be on the
same as the local network IP for proxyarp to work... And give an example of
a simple network.
3.  Firewall rules.. Tell them to open it up whilst connecting and take the
firewall off the network if it's still in development or test etc... If
possible of course.

I'm sure other people have a few things to add to this...

thanks,
George Vieira
Network Engineer
Citadel Computer Systems P/L