[pptp-server] Trying to apply ppp_mppe_compressed_data_fix.diff

Michael C. Watz mcw at telesynthesis.com
Wed Jun 13 14:45:18 CDT 2001

I am currently trying to get encryption working on my Linux PPTP
server.  I have gone through the PoPToP-RedHat-HOWTO.txt and currently
have got the PPTP connection working without encryption.

Here is my question: the instructions for patching the ppp deaemon are
for ppp-2.3.11.  I'm working with ppp-2.4.1.  I've downloaded the
MSCHAP/MPPE patch ppp-2.4.1-openssl-0.9.6-mppe-patch and the mppe
compressed data patch ppp_mppe_compressed_data_fix.diff.  I have no
problem applying the ppp-openssl patch, but when I get to the mppe
compressed data fix it appears to be looking for the file ppp_mppe.c,
which I don't find anywhere.

Is this something which should be obvious to me?  Is there no need to
apply the ppp_mppe_compressed..... patch with the newer version of
pppd?  Should I have done something else first?

Details:
RedHat 6.2
pptpd-1.0.1-1
ppp-2.4.1