[pptp-server] PPTP masquerade && MS non-compliance

Charlie Brady charlieb at e-smith.com
Fri Jun 22 12:42:42 CDT 2001

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Allan Clark wrote:

> There's a heavy precident in the industry for "that's what the spec
> says, but we're emulating the non-compliance of those guys".  I think we
> should consider supporting this, **AND** draft an ammendment or revision
> to the RFC.

Sounds good to me.

Speaking of standards compliance, a few months ago (22nd April) I posted a
patch to correct what I have determined to be non-compliance with RFC 3078
when MPPE is used in statefull mode. There has been little feedback. Has
anyone looked at the code, verified the problem and ratified the solution?
If so, I'd advise that the patch, or something similar, is rolled into the
canonical patches.

You'll find my earlier posting in the archives, with subject "Patch:
making stateful MPPE comply with draft-ietf-pppext-mppe-05.txt".

  Charlie Brady                         charlieb at e-smith.com
  http://www.e-smith.org (development)  http://www.e-smith.com (corporate)
  Phone: +1 (613) 368 4376 or 564 8000  Fax: +1 (613) 564 7739
  e-smith, inc. 1500-150 Metcalfe St, Ottawa, ON K2P 1P1 Canada