Antwort: RE: [pptp-server] pptp connection with encryption an d kernel 2.4. 0

Cowles, Steve Steve at SteveCowles.com
Tue Mar 27 10:43:08 CST 2001

You should see a similar entry in your log files when your PPTP server can
successfuly set (determine) the proxyarp device for your connection.

Mar 26 12:11:59 firewall pppd[5226]: found interface eth0 for proxy arp

> But still I can´t get a ping through the pptp tunnel. I even
> can´t ping the Server´s end of the tunnel.

If you are unable to ping the PPTP server (with data encryption disabled)
then I would think this is a routing/iptables problem. If you are unable
able to ping the PPTP server (with "just" data encryption enabled) then I
would think your problem is with MPPE.

> I did the iptables entries mentioned at the pptp-howto below
> and I do have the entries in my modules.conf. Even my module
> ppp_mppe loads without any error.

Unfortunately (due to my requirements), I have not converted to the 2.4.x
kernels and iptables, so I cannot offer much help in this area.

My main reason for NOT using the new kernels/iptables is: