[pptp-server] pptp and ADSL

Justin Kreger lists at earthling.2y.net
Tue May 22 19:54:38 CDT 2001

ADSL lines are not the best of technology.  I mean, if you have a good
high quality phone line, with no water, or anything in the line, it will
be just fine, but when there is water in the line, or if the line is
downright a Piece of $hit, the adsl connection may be dropped for a few
minutes at a time.  I have an ipsec tunnel running between two places with
DSL.  The place with the newer phone line has more problems, goes down so
often that I four emails per hour saying that it had to reconnect the
ipsec tunnel.  DSL is good, but only if your phone line is good.

Justin Kreger, MCP MCSE CCNA
jkreger at earthling.2y.net jwkreger at uncg.edu jkreger at aristotle.wss.net