[pptp-server] Maximum number of users

Torge Szczepanek pptp-server at szczepanek.de
Mon Apr 15 16:08:38 CDT 2002

Am Mon, 2002-04-15 um 16.36 schrieb Igor Maciel Macaubas:
> Hi,
> I don't think so...
> I've done this modification to the algoritm, and now I get a new error: too
> many open files in the system.
> This one I know how to solve. Add this to your how-to:
>
> #To increase the open-files limit:
> echo 16384 > /proc/sys/fs/file-max
> echo 24576 > /proc/sys/fs/inode-max

Today I had exactly the same problems for the first time. ;-) After
changing the maximum number of files I reached a peak value of 442 users
on one VPN server (AMD Duron 900 MHz machine). It seems that know I am
reaching the limitations of our hardware/CPU for the first time.

> Thanks for your help Torge ! :)

NP.

--
Torge Szczepanek