[pptp-server] pptpd.init??

Bo Byrd byrdr at corp.earthlink.net
Wed Mar 13 14:55:55 CST 2002

I installed pptpd-inittab-1.0.1-1.i386.rpm on my mandrake machine....I
can connect and am working without any encrpytion right now, but I have
a few questions.

How many simultaneous users can pptpd support?

I didn't find a pptpd.init file anywhere and a "ps -auwx" shows
"/usr/sbin/pptpd -f" in the list....right now my pptpd is getting run by
inittab but there were some instructions on #ing that entry in innittab
and making it run as a daemon by modifying the pptpd.init file but I
don't see that file anywhere.  Basically I need pptpd to restart itself
in event something closes it down.

I'm sure I'll have some more as I attempt to get M$-CHAPv2 encryption
support added...im off to recompile wish me luck!

Thanks,
Bo